Raving Conservative

Google

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Minorities in the Presidential Cabinet

I make no secret of my ambition to become President of the United States of America sometime after I retire from the Army. With such an ambition it is important to begin considering every aspect of a future presidency now rather than waiting until my campaign becomes a reality.
As such I have been considering the Presidential Cabinet in context of today's social environment. Now, I don't want to sound like a liberal when I say this, but I would really like to find the best qualified minorities and fill every position with them. Before anyone starts screaming about affimative action or discrimination let me make my case for my decision.
Take a look at popular culture today. Look at who our children have to look up to. The media is saturated with with thugs and gangsters of all kinds in music, theater, and sports. It is increasingly hard to find a celebrity who is worth admiring simply because so many depraved people seem to get famous. These are bad role models, and my understanding is that children from poorer areas tend to look up to them as role models of success and seek to emulate them. Since it is a fact that a disproportionate number of poor children belong to a minority group that means that minorities are the most vulnerable to this deciet. I cannot allow this.
I want to provide the most positive role models for these children that I can. Rather than emulating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and George Washington Carver they copy thugs like Shyne and Fifty Cent. Rather than admiring and emulating any of our best citezens of today and yesterday crminals, thugs, disrespectful, and antisocial men and women are placed on a pedestal and practically worshipped as gods. This trend must be reversed. The best way I know how to do this is to take the most brilliant and ethical minorities in America and put them in highly visible positions of great power and influence. By doing this the right kind of people to admire and seek to be like will be spotlighted. They will have the power to shape American culture for the better rather than the worse as so many celebrities are wont to do. This is why I want a cabinet full of the best minorities I can find.
Our culture is what drives our nation. It shapes our ideology and molds our young people. One of the most important things a person can do is to have a positive affect on our culture. I know not everybody agrees with what I think is best for America, and not everyone who does will agree with my methods. But I must try. I will always do my very best. And, I am not closed off to other ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares