Raving Conservative

Google

Monday, October 10, 2005

Abortion Clinic Bombers

I saw a disturbing thing recently. On a list of terrorist threats were religious anti-abortion activists. This is disturbing for two reasons. One – I am religious. Two – I am anti-abortion, and am only not an activist because I think working with a crisis pregnancy center is a far better way to go.

First, let me express disgust at the people who put religious anti-abortion activists on this list . . . the people who bomb abortion clinics in the name of God. I have one thing to say to these people. You are not serving God by murdering people. You are not Christians. I and all other true Christians denounce you and call upon you to repent and come to the truth.
Now that that’s out of the way let me get into the nitty-gritty. I make no secret that I think abortion is murder. The key word here is murder. This is also why I am also against anyone who murders abortion doctors, nurses, or patients by any means. Human life is sacred, be it unborn or a hundred years out of the womb. No sane person can make the leap of logic that puts the life of abortionists at less value than the life of an unborn child. Both are equally valuable.

People who murder in the name of God do nothing but hurt their own cause. Jesus Himself taught against such actions. Not only does God frown upon this, but people frown upon God because of it. Nothing does more to convince people that a religion is false than hypocrisy. It is hypocrisy of the highest order to murder someone because you consider that person to be a murderer.

Don’t get me wrong. I believe that abortion is murder and that everyone involved in the abortion industry is guilty of mass murder and possibly even genocide. However, it is for the courts to decide whether or not these people should be punished. At this time the courts say abortion is a legally protected right. Therefore there is no legal basis to take any action to try to punish these baby killing monsters. I for one am content to be a good law-abiding citizen like God commands me to be, and to let God decide what punishment is appropriate in the afterlife.
Just so nobody thinks I’m one of these “God will smite you” loonies I need to make a special note. Not everybody involved with abortion or who has an abortion will be punished in the afterlife. Some of these people will repent of their sins and be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. These people will not receive the justice that is due to them, they will receive grace. I for one am ecstatic about this. God’s grace is sufficient for all sinners, and that includes me.

There are few things in this world I would like to see more than an end to abortion, but violence is not the key. The key is in the legal and legislative systems. The only two things that will change this plague on our nation are a Supreme Court decision or a Constitutional, amendment. With the right judges in place a Supreme Court decision is possible. The way our legislature and the population at large are split on this issue a Constitutional amendment banning abortion will not be possible. This is why the liberal Democrats are so opposed to confirming any Judge who is pro-life.

One thing is still illegal at least, and that is bombing abortion clinics. To anyone who does such a thing I want you know that I will celebrate when you get what’s coming to you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares