Raving Conservative

Google

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Seven Meme

M. Brandon Robbins tagged me for a different meme than the last one I responded to. Being a good sport I am happy to oblige on all but one count. I will not pass this one on. Having recently passed on a tag myself I am choosing not to annoy my conservative blogging buddies with another one so soon. I won’t bother tagging any liberals because none of them responded to the last tag I sent out.

This said, let’s dig in!

A. Seven things to do before I die.

1. The Lord’s will for my life.
2. Ummm . . . actually, the only thing I really NEED to do is number 1. All else is either unachievable wishful thinking, is purely optional and I could live without it, or else I have done it. So let 3-7 be wishful thinking.
3. Write the #2 best selling book of all time. The Bible is #1, and while I am a decent writer I’m not #2 of all time good.
4. End world hunger.
5. Wipe out disease.
6. Terraform a planet for human colonization.
7. What? No world peace? Heck no! The only two people who will pull that off are the Antichrist for about 3 years before starting the worst war in all of history, then Jesus Christ for all eternity. I am not Jesus, and I don’t want to be the Antichrist.

B. Seven things I cannot do.

1. Compromise my morals.
2. Betray anyone.
3. Harm anyone for personal gain.
4. Abandon my faith.
5. Stay silent in the face of injustice.
6. Hit a woman.
7. Remember where I put my hat.

C. Seven things that attract me to (…)
(Alaska, just to be different.)

1. The people are great.
2. The fishing is fantastic.
3. The hunting is fantastic.
4. The land is beautiful.
5. The air is clean.
6. The water is clean.
7. The fishing. Yes, said this before, but it so big for me that it bears repeating.

D. Seven things I say most often.

1. Amen.
2. I love you. (To my family.)
3. Yes.
4. No.
5. Now where did I put my hat?
6. Let me tell you about . . .
7. Not now . . . I’m writing.

E. Seven books or Series that I love.

1. The Bible!
2. Jaws.
3. Anything by Michael Crichton.
4. Anything by R.A. Salvatore.
5. The Shannara series.
6. Incarnations of Immortality.
7. The Deathgate cycle.

F. Seven movies I watch over and over again.

1. Hackers.
2. Jurassic Park.
3. The Incredibles.
4. Willow.
5. The Thing.
6. Little Shop of Horrors.
7. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

G. Seven People I want to join in, too

Oh, I won’t be passing this one along for the reasons previously stated.

10 Comments:

  • The original "Thing" or the 70s remake?

    By Blogger Dan Trabue, at 4:34 AM  

  • The remake.

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 5:54 AM  

  • Well, I guess that's okay. But what of the great James Arness as The Thing?! Can you believe Carpenter dissed him by not asking Arness to recreate the character for his film?

    By Blogger Dan Trabue, at 6:35 AM  

  • Good to know more about you, Daniel! Seeing as how you want us to vote for you to lead our country in the future! I'll vote for ya!

    By Blogger Libby, at 7:59 AM  

  • Both Things were good, but I check off the remake as well.

    Have you seen Blade Runner? (One of my watch it over and over movies.)

    By Blogger Insolublog, at 12:46 PM  

  • That's a great list, Daniel! Awww, I wouldn't worry about bugging your blogging buddies - Liberals bug me much more!

    By Blogger Rebekah, at 1:53 PM  

  • Isolublog,

    Yes I have senn Blade Runner, a few times. But I cannot find the theatrical release anywhere, and it is sooo much better than the director's cut where all of the fantastic internal dialogue was arbitrarily removed.

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 5:50 PM  

  • The Blade Runner DVD I have has both versions.
    With and without the voiceover, one on each side.
    The original way is best, I agree.

    Thanks for sharing with us, Daniel.
    And thanks for not tagging us! ;)

    By Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy, at 6:24 PM  

  • I've never been to Alaska, sounds like a nice place.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 AM  

  • Incarnations of Immortality is the foundation of my personal cosmology.

    Well, not really, but it is a great series. I should dig those books up and read them again.

    By Blogger catastrophile, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares