Raving Conservative

Google

Monday, February 27, 2006

My First Campaign

I am currently testing out the waters, politically, by working on my first political campaign, well actually, it's someone else's campaign. I just work and learn.

Be aware that due to my lingering status as a US soldier I must remain in only a limited role on any political campaign so as not to violate current military law. The fact that I can do anything at all is something I actually have to thank Bill Clinton for since it was him who made the change allowing military personnel to do any political work at all. I am working 100% within the current legal restrictions.

My volunteer work is for a man by the name of Jack Frost (yes that's his real name, laugh it up) who is running for Mayor of Anchorage. He is a Republican with a sharp, independent mind, and sound conservative principles. He has 30 years of community involvement, and is a local conservative radio commentator and advertiser. So he seems like the best man for me to back this election.

As my regular readers know, I have political aspirations, and a man has to start somewhere. This is where I am learning about political campaigns and expanding my knowledge about issues that matter to Alaskans.

It's a bit of a crash course though since the Gubbernatorial campaign starts very soon. I need to find out if it's feasable to run this year at all.

Frank Murkowski, our current corrupt governor has not announced whether or not he will run for reelection this year. There are 3 people vying for the Republican nomination, all of whom have vowed to back out if Frank Murkowski decides to run. People like Frank Murkowski do not give up power willingly. He will run for reelection. I want to challenge him. I will not back down and just hand him the nomination so he can lose in general election to the spendthrift frontrunner the Democrats are putting forth.

So my involvement, in what limited capacity it can be, has started. I am learning much and making a few connections. It seems like a good start.

6 Comments:

  • I'd be interested in hearing reports on what you've learned in this process. I think I'm probably fairly unelectable, but in case I should decide to try someday, it'd be nice to have some first hand reports from the frontlines (that is, if you don't mind passing information to the enemy...)

    By Blogger Dan Trabue, at 12:36 PM  

  • Learn much, Dan (L).
    I look forward to seeing you in the political arena.

    Dan T, you're not the enemy...exactly... ;)

    By Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy, at 6:35 PM  

  • Why...that's just about the nicest thing you've ever said to me, UAW guy!

    By Blogger Dan Trabue, at 2:34 AM  

  • daniel-this is GREAT! you'll either learn how to do this or, like happens a lot, you'll learn how NOT to do stuff!

    By Blogger Libby, at 8:01 AM  

  • Sounds interesting. I can't wait till the midterms when I plan to volunteer. I love working in politics!

    Jack Frost? I'd change that name if I was him...

    By Blogger Rebekah, at 2:35 PM  

  • Best of luck to you Daniel-san!

    By Blogger Nightcrawler, at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares