Raving Conservative

Google

Monday, November 13, 2006

Racist Voters?

After Alan Colmes claimed that the only reason Bob Corker beat Harold Ford Jr. for senate in Tennessee was because 33% of people responded that race had something to do with their vote, implying, of course, that it was white racism that was the primary cause for Bob Corker’s victory, I decided to do a little test.

Being a guy who occasionally gets a wild itch he just HAS to scratch, I performed a a brief survey.

In Maryland Michael Steel, the black candidate, lost. Maryland has a very high black population. So here is what I did to see if racism was involved in his loss.

I pulled up the online white pages and did a little survey. I randomly called some people until I spoke to 20 people who actually voted. HOWEVER! There is a fun twist to this. I only called people with one of two last names. I called people named Black, who in my experience are usually white, and I called people named White, who, in my experience, are usually black.

Here are the results:

Out of 10 Whites (blacks?) 4 said race was important to them when they voted.
Out of 10 Blacks (whites?) 2 said race was important to them when the voted.

Average is 30% took race into consideration with Whites (blacks?) showing a greater tendency toward racism while voting than Blacks (whites?).

So, next time some liberal wants to claim that white racism is keeping minorities down I suggest you remember that racism goes both ways.

Thisisanentertainmentsurveyandnotascientificsurveyandtheresultsshouldnotbeconsideredrepresentativeofthepopulationofmarylandasawhole.

5 Comments:

  • Very interesting post! I commend you on your random phone calling. I'm surprised they actually talked to you.

    As to whether blacks or whites are more racist, I can't say. There's no doubt, though, that the Democrats are the most racist politlcal party that America has to offer.

    As a side note, my good friend whose last name is White, is white as is his entire family. You should have picked an Irish last name for a white person and either a faux french or stereotypical last name for a black person. Something like McHenry or McAlister for white and Jackson or Reed for black.

    By Blogger Seamus, at 5:43 PM  

  • Seamus,

    Picking those last names would have obliterated the laugh factor in choosing names that are also titles of races :)

    Oh, and I so had to pretend to actually be a pollster. Who woulda admitted such a thing if i told em I was some nobody searching fo blog content? lol

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 10:55 PM  

  • And what's funny is that unlike the Democrats we aren't complaining that racism was a factor. Interesting how that works isn't it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 AM  

  • We're also not complaining that the machines were rigged or voters were disenfranchised.
    (And neither are they, since they won; imagine that.)

    By Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy, at 4:21 AM  

  • When asked, Ford told interviewers that he did NOT think the people of TN were racist. He did indicate that he thought the ads run by the Corker campaign had racist implications, but he believed the people of TN were better than that. The majority simply chose Corker, for whatever reasons. Ford showed class.

    By Blogger Michael Westmoreland-White, Ph.D., at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares