Raving Conservative

Google

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tribute to Many

Raving Conservative has passed 2 milestones this week. I have had my 5,000th visitor to this blog, and I had my first day where over 200 people visited here. Over 90 other blogs have now linked to this one as of this week as well. It’s hard to believe that I only started this blog in September (Archives past that are artificially placed there to coincide with when the articles were originally written despite my not having a blog yet.) and it has already reached this level of success.

This said I want to take some time to personally thank all of my readers who have made this possible, and to send out a special thanks to some very special readers.

One of the things I love about this blog is that it is not monolithic in its readership. Conservatives and liberals alike read, comment, and debate here, usually civilly. Excellent points are frequently made on both sides of the aisle, and the occasional moderate even chimes in with some balance for particularly polarized discussions. This post is for all of you.

First let me address my first two readers, and also my first two links. Jimmy B, the Conservative UAW Guy has an excellent and funny blog of his own, and while he only comments occasionally here his comments tend to be very kind. He is a contributor to many blogs (and is a partner on this one though he has yet to contribute here).

Rick, over at Being RIGHT! Is a convert from liberalism, an officer at his local Republican office, and, most special to me, a Jew. (I happen to really like Jews. They tend to have a reverence for Almighty God that puts most Christians to shame. They are also God’s chosen people He has destined to bless the whole of the Earth. As a Christian I believe this blessing came in the form of Jesus Christ, and will continue as Jews are God’s witnesses to the world during the tribulation.) His intelligence and wit always spice up a debate. He doesn’t post terribly often at his own blog, but his posts are always thoughtful and meaningful.

Phantom_Driver is a very opinionated reader who always makes a point and couldn’t care less what you think of him for making it. He is a retired Navy pilot who fought in Vietnam (Thanks for your long and dedicated service, Sir!) He contributes greatly to nearly every debate, and often adds interesting facts and links. His first blog, Right is Right, was hacked and deleted by an unknown schill. His new blog, Phantom Driver’s Blog, continues the tradition of excellence he began with his first. It is also one of the few blogs that is so good that I must demure to it as being superior to my own. On a side note, one of the many benefits of his participation here is that it allows me to remain above the fray. Every time I’m tempted to utterly blast someone for saying something undeniably vulgar, stupid, or un-American, he beats me to it, thereby reliving me of the need to do it personally. In a way, he is like a bulldog, here and elsewhere, constantly fighting the good fight with reason, facts, and very little tact. I admire that in a man.

Gayle is a tough old lady who definitely isn’t afraid to speak her mind. She is an upright person who isn’t afraid to speak up for truth, and backs up her friends. She contributes to FIVE blogs (ouch) but two are hers exclusively. They are Gayle’s Republican Blog, and Let Our Voices Be Heard. I highly recommend both.

Right Wing Professor doesn’t comment much, but he always makes a point, usually one that is supposed to make ME think, and he succeeds. His blog, Right Wing Nation, is incredible. I am constantly amazed that a university professor could be so outspokenly conservative. I thought it was against the law to both a teacher and a conservative anymore.

Rebekah is only 15 and wise beyond her years. Her blog, Eye of the Storm, is nothing if not pretty. It is also very well done, although it is only updated every couple of days. Her youthful perspective and outspoken Christianity are an asset whenever she comments here.

Dr. Phat Tony doesn’t comment much, but he is always funny when he does. His Blog, Dr. Phat Tony’s is endlessly hilarious. He is also ex-military, which bumps him up about a hundred notches in my book. Also, be sure to check out his store, Dr. Phat Tony’s Swag, linked under “Buy Stuff!” for some nifty patriotic apparel.

Steve the Pirate also doesn’t comment much, but his blog is pure comic genius. He also has a history of working his butt off for conservative Republicans when election time comes around. This is one man who really cares about where this nation is headed.

AB Freedom, over at ABFreedom, and JustThinkin, over at Critter’s Musings are both conservative Canadians from Alberta who frequent this blog and comment regularly. They taught me a new word “lieberal”, and while I don’t tend to use it, since not ALL liberals are liars, some are just misled, I have to say I like their attitude. Both of their blogs are amazingly informative and more conservative than anything I expected from Canada. Also, being Canadians, I feel a bit of special kinship with them since my own Grandfather is a Canuck from New Brunswick who immigrated to the US.

Last, and certainly not least, is Peakah, over at Peakah’s Provocations. He’s only an occasional reader, and commenter, but his blog blows mine away. He posts excellent newsy articles loaded with superb links. Check it out.

Now for my liberal regulars, without them there would be no debate. For this I give them my most hearty thanks.

First is Dan Trabue. While we rarely agree, he has always been polite and thoughtful both here and at his own blog, A Payne Hollow Visit. He has a lot of heart and compassion, so much so that I sometimes think it overcomes his reason. He is also the one who inspired me to open a “worthy opponents” section in my sidebar links. He’s a liberal, but he’s a decent guy too.

Next is Catastrohile. He is the only liberal to be linked under the honor roll for two reasons. 1- Everything he says is both intelligent and pointed. 2- He strikes me as more libertarian than truly liberal. His blog, Catastrophile, is rarely kind to anyone he disagrees with, but it is both intelligent and amusing, that is, as long as you are not easily offended.

Samurai Sam is a regular reader and occasional commenter. For good research, thoughtful and provoking writing, and spirited debate, his blog, A Beginner’s Mind, is the best liberal blog I know of. We rarely agree, but he is a decent guy and I respect him.

Sorry if I have left anyone out. It is not a slight against you. I just wanted to acknowledge my most regular commenters and most impressive links. I truly believe good people deserve recognition.

12 Comments:

  • Nicely said. Thanks for thinking of me.

    By Blogger Rick's Corner, at 6:09 PM  

  • I have you linked at my place as well... Phantom told me about you... Great blog, sorry I haven't commented more, been pretty busy with my blog and the American Conservative Forums...

    And THAT is MY Opinion... by TexasFred

    By Blogger TexasFred, at 7:24 PM  

  • Congratulations! Looks like I should hang out here more often!

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:39 PM  

  • "rarely kind to anyone he disagrees with" . . .

    I've never thought of it that way, but yeah, I guess there's a boiling point that I have to reach to bother with a blog post, and at that point I'm generally past being kind.

    That line went up on my sidebar. My first review! ;) Thanks.

    By Blogger catastrophile, at 8:00 PM  

  • Gee, now I'll have to go back and change all those bad things I've said about you, Daniel.

    Congrats on the milestones. I hesitate to ask, but how does one measure all those visits?

    By Blogger Dan Trabue, at 5:20 AM  

  • "How does one measure all those visits?"

    I have a sitemeter hit counter.

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 6:03 AM  

  • OK. and what does that mean? Sorry to expose my ignorance right here on the enemy's own territory, but there you go.

    By Blogger Dan Trabue, at 6:55 AM  

  • Easy *HIT* Counters

    Maybe this will help...

    By Blogger TexasFred, at 7:36 AM  

  • Congrats on the milestones!!

    By Blogger Dionne, at 7:53 AM  

  • Wow, thanks for the kind words my friend... Keep up the good work, you've only just begun!

    Glad to be a part of it!

    As for my site blowing yours away, naaaa, it took me over a year to reach 10,000 hits and your already halfway there in a mere couple months! I love the comments you leave on my site as well, that's why I like to write, to get other's reactions if for nothing else, to hone and finetune the stances I take.

    You obviously have strong morals and principals and have no problem articulating them!

    Rock on my brothah from anothah mothah!

    By Blogger Peakah, at 9:09 AM  

  • Wow. Thanks Mr. Fred (or may I call you "Texas"?). That was easy enough.

    By Blogger Dan Trabue, at 9:21 AM  

  • Sorry. I've been busy -- haven't been blogging much lately, either on my blog, or blue state conservatives (but there's not been a lot to write about). And my dogs have beeen needier than usual lately.

    There's a story in the local paper I'll be writing about. I gently ripped Santorum on blue state conservatives. That's about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares