Raving Conservative

Google

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

This One's So Juicy I Just Could't Contain Myself

Okay, this is not what I promised, bu it's early, which makes this a bonus and the promised article will be here Monday.

Has anyone else been wonderinwhy we haven't been hearing about the Massachusetts gay marriage ordeal lately? I believe I know why.

A friend of mine from Massachusetts has just informed me that the Massachusetts Supreme Court was overruled by the people. That's right. We aren;t hearing more about it because the voters said the court was wrong.

This is unverified, and it is just the word of one Massachusetts man, but it does explain things. It also begs another question: Why didn't the news report it?

Why indeed. Why wouldn't the liberal media tell everyone that Masachusetts, the same state that requires parents to sign a contract stating that their children will not engage in discrimination against homosexuals, they can discriminate against everyone apparently, only discrimination against homosexuals is banned by the contract, voted down gay marriage? Could it be, oh, I dunno . . . liberal bias? Methinks it might!

The court decision was monumental, it was trumpeted nonstop for months, and this vote was equally monumental because it it struck down the monumental decision and established that the true power still belongs to the voter when the voter cares enough to go out and vote. As such it should have been blasted acros the airwaves for all to see and hear. Instead, it was allowed topass unnoticed. Such is the nature of the information system that seeks to influence and change American thought and attitudes. It's a tragedy.

Of course, my friend could have simply ben full of it too. If anyone can verify this one way or the other I am open to the full facts. I for one, am simply voicing my thoughts right now.

11 Comments:

  • Glad you are back! I was away for awhile myself.

    Regarding this post, no... I haven't heard this anywhere else. All I can say is that I sure do hope that it's true! :)

    By Blogger Gayle, at 11:15 AM  

  • I do believe there are much more important issues for Americans (and all other nations) to be concerned with than whether two people of the same gender can get married or not.

    How was your holiday?

    By Blogger DanProject76, at 11:55 AM  

  • My holiday was long overdue, and it was wonderful. Thanks for asking.

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 4:30 PM  

  • So, the court didn't rule in favor of gay marriage. That's not a tragedy, that's a triumph. The court had the guts to come up withits own ruling according to what is right in the eyes of God and what is right for the moral fiber of this country. Rather than ruling for popularity, it rules for propriety.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:16 PM  

  • The ruled in favor of gay marriage, the PEOPLE overturned it in a vote. The Massachusetts court system remains in favor of gay marriage.

    However, It IS a triumph.

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 7:50 AM  

  • Happy, I thought religion didn't belong in the American courts? I know about it not being allowed in the education system but I am not sure about legal stuff.

    I don't like it when religion gets out of control. Just look at Iran!

    Heh.

    By Blogger DanProject76, at 11:31 AM  

  • I don't think the gay thing is about relegion per say. It's about seperation of church and state. Marrige is a church term. I think they should call it something else that's all. And the government should not force churches to marry gays if they don't want to either.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM  

  • Initiative Would Overturn Same-Sex Marriage in Massachusetts

    Not a done deal, but the wheels are turning.
    For some reason, it seems a large number of people want to be able to vote on the issue...

    By Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy, at 2:10 AM  

  • People want to vote on the issue because people can't mind their own business and use their voices to actually do some good!

    By Blogger DanProject76, at 2:33 AM  

  • DP76,

    Many peopl ebelieve that by voting on this issue they ARE doing good. To demean this is to simply impose your personal values on others without respect to thier individuality. Needless to say, that a homosexual would do this while demanding that people respect his (sexual) idividuality is somewhata hyppocritical.

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 5:59 PM  

  • Daniel, I don't agree with you on this. 'To demean this is to simply impose your personal values on others without respect to thier individuality.' I think to demean homosexual marriage is doing exactly what I just quoted you on!

    I think that for people to get actually bothered enough by the fact than two consenting loving monogamous adults wish to get married and spend their lives together to want to vote against it, something that has no impact on their own lives, is absurd. It is simply not a factor that impacts on their everyday lives! I am all for people getting politically aware (and I am not being a hypocrite before you accuse me of that) and just believe that there are a lot of problems that need people power, such as the environment, as that is an issue which affects everybody and everybody can do their bit to affect.

    I am not That Dude Who Was Almost Your President And Has Made That Film but that's a good example, in my eyes, of how people can make a difference. Rather than use their voices for intolerance and bigotry that belongs in the past.

    By Blogger DanProject76, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares