Raving Conservative

Google

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Toledo Riot

It is time for me to speak up about the race riot in Toledo this weekend. I have held back thus far because the sensitivity of the issue required it to be handled with care and sensitivity, and I wanted to make sure I fully understood the situation before spouting off at the mouth.

What happened in Toledo was nothing if not total victory for the Neo-Nazi jerk-holes who instigated the riot. They held their rally in a peaceful neighborhood to protest a very legitimate issue, gang activity, but did so with such overt racist idiocy I wanted to smack the swastikas off them. Local thugs, apparently primarily black gang members with some white people thrown in the mix too, decided to go haywire and riot and loot.

I would not have blamed these people if they had simply kicked the crap out of the Nazis and let it go at that. But assaulting police and rescue personnel, destroying private property, looting and burning, this is all animal behavior that is beneath us as Americans, and it is exactly what the Nazis wanted.

By rioting this way these people played into the hands of the Nazis by portraying an image of themselves that the Nazis could only talk about. They lent credence to the racist assertions the Nazis were making about black violence. They legitimized these morons.

What was worse is that an equally racist group, the Nation of Islam was demonstrating in DC the same day, and no white people rioted in response to this group of people who say pretty much the same thing about white people that the Nazis are saying about black people. Admittedly, it may have something to do with the fact that DC is something like 80% black, but that doesn’t change national perception.

I am saddened by the behavior of these people, the looters in New Orleans, the LA Rioters, and every other idiot who engages in this destructive behavior that only serves to undermine the good name of Black America in the eyes of the rest of the nation. I’m an old soul; I don’t mind a couple of men duking it out with fists and feet to settle their differences. Had the Nazis simply gotten their butts kicked I would have cheered, but that’s not what happened. This escalation, this criminal behavior and victimizing of the innocent must not ever happen, no matter what idiots are spreading foul ideas and false beliefs in your neighborhood. Kick out the invaders, but don’t victimize the innocent.

Did the Nazis have the right to demonstrate peacefully? Yes they did, and that’s what they did. The Constitution guarantees their right to demonstrate just like it guarantees the right of other controversial groups to demonstrate, like the Gay Pride parades, the “Millions” More March, pro-abortionists, anti-abortionists, environmentalists, ant-war activists, and so-on and so-forth. We don’t have to like it, we don’t have to listen to them, we don’t even have to be in town that day if we don’t want to, but they do have a Constitutional right to demonstrate. Unfortunately, we cannot abridge this right just because we despise the message. We cannot decide that a bunch of criminals throwing a riot means that a certain group no longer has the right to demonstrate because of safety concerns. Instead we must punish the criminals. It’s what the Constitution requires. I have great respect for the Constitution and for the freedoms it guarantees, even if I don’t like the way those freedoms are used.

I can’t believe I just defended the rights of these scumbags to spread their message of hate and intolerance. By these scumbags I mean both the Neo-Nazis AND the Nation of Islam. I can’t change the Constitution to suit me, no matter what I think of the way it is being used. I wish certain judges and politicians would understand that. Still, if these crack-heads come to Anchorage I definitely plan on kicking some Nazi butts all the way to Canada. I consider it exercising my right to defend myself, my family, and my property. But, I will NOT riot, loot, rob, burn or anything else. I will just beat down some Nazis. Like I said before: I’m an old soul. I have no problem with men duking it out to settle their differences.

4 Comments:

  • Do they have a right to demonstrate? Certainly. Do they have the right to demonstrate anywhere they want? Absolutely not. Protesting without a permit is a crime. I would have arrested each and every one of them (after denying them the permit). If they want to demonstrate, let them do it in the middle of a cornfield in rural Nebraska.

    By Blogger Nightcrawler, at 11:00 PM  

  • Unfortunately , these jerk-holes stayed on the sidewalks, thereby circumventing the permit laws. At least in the state of Ohio the sidwalks are considered to be public enough property that you can have as many people as you want saying whatever thay want on them. I never said it didn't suck.

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 11:35 PM  

  • i want to know...since when is al sharpton on the same side as the neo-nazis? or were he & his group demonstrating against them?
    LibbY!

    By Blogger Libby, at 8:09 AM  

  • You know, if their toilets faced away from Mecca their butts would be facing mecca while taking a dookie. Hmm . . . does this mean that Muslims are symbolically crapping on the birthplace of their prophet every time they relieve themselves? Wouldn't that be sacrelidge?

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares