Raving Conservative

Google

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tookie Williams Epitaph

Here lies Tookie Williams.
Convicted multiple murderer, and those 4 were just the ones we could prove.
Founder of one of the most violent gangs in human history. A gang responsible for over 10,000 murders nationwide.
Known robber.
Guilty of multiple armed assaults.
Oh yeah, and he wrote a few children’s books.

Tookie Williams was executed today, and it is a sentence long overdue for the gravity of his crimes. I will not question whether he changed in the 20+ years since he was sentenced to die; how could he not change in some way with death looming around the corner? I will only state that he was given a just sentence for his crimes, a sentence that should have been carried out long ago.

This is a perfect example of the seriousness of the death sentence, and why it needs to be carried out swiftly. Excessively long periods of time between the death sentence and when it is carried out give someone time to win sympathy and, maybe, fake rehabilitation. Unfortunately, without releasing a convicted killer there is no way to tell if he is genuine or false in his conversion to proper living. It is a risk we, as a society cannot take.

So rest in peace Tookie Williams. I do sincerely hope you changed and that God rewards you appropriately. As for here in this life, you have received justice, and I will not miss you.

9 Comments:

  • Here lies Tookie. He reaped what he sowed.

    Good riddance. The world is a better place without him.

    Note to objectors: I'm an athiest, so don't try the "Is that very Christian of you" angle on me. It won't work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 AM  

  • Yes. Justice has prevailed. I too hate how long they wait until they're executed. Someone brought that up on my sister's blog about Joseph Smith, Carlie Brucia's killer. Even though he was sentenced to die, he'll most likely live much longer waiting than Carlie had to live at all.

    I don't buy Tookie's "repentance" story. Who doesn't "repent" when they're about to die? Besides, prison guards would probably know better than Snoop Dog about his behavior and if he really changed.

    By Blogger MJ, at 5:32 AM  

  • Under the New Covenant Christians do not execute people for sinning. The most drastic steps anyone can take against an unrepentant Christian are withholding brotherly fellowship from him until he repents (1 Corinthians 5:9-13; 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15); and delivering or handing him over to Satan for spiritual correction (1 Corinthians 5:1-5; 1 Timothy 1:18-20). It is unclear from the scriptures exactly what it means to turn someone over to Satan.

    Under the New Covenant a change occurred. Just as Christians are to no longer execute sinners, so they should not wage carnal war, but spiritual warfare (John 18:36; 2 Corinthians 10:1-6; Ephesians 6:10-18; 1 Timothy 1:18-20; 6:11-14; 2 Timothy 2:3-5; 4:6-8). Christians must be peacemakers (Matthew 5:9, Romans 14:19), forgiving those who do them harm (Ephesians 4:29-32; Colossians 3:12-14; Matthew 6:9-15; Mark 11:25-26), treating their enemies with love (Luke 6:27-36) and not seeking revenge (Romans 12:17-21; 1 Peter 3:8-12). Hatred which is the same as murder (1 John 3:15), is unforgiving, vengeful and hostile towards one's enemies.

    http://www.biblestudy.org/question/notkill.html

    For what it's worth, I'm sure you won't agree.

    By Blogger Ranando, at 7:46 AM  

  • He said he wanted 'redemption'...can he get that from humans? I feel that this would be his best chance to get that...
    LibbY!

    By Blogger Libby, at 8:59 AM  

  • Fiar said: "Note to objectors: I'm an athiest, so don't try the "Is that very Christian of you" angle on me. It won't work."

    I am not an atheist, but don't try the "Is that very Christian of you" angle on me either. It won't work." This guy can blame no one but himself for what ultimately happened to him. Justice has been serviced.

    By Blogger Gayle, at 10:41 AM  

  • Obviously I mean "served." I should review before I publish.

    By Blogger Gayle, at 10:45 AM  

  • I have read the entire New Testament many times over the years, and I have never come across a single part where Jesus, or any of the disciples declared specificaly that execution for the most heinous of crimes had been invalidated. The examples cited by Ranando, when taken in context, refer only to sin within the church, and how the church itself is to deal with such people. Nowhere in there does it ban the government from executing a full measure of justice as is appropriate to keep society both safe and sane.

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 11:39 AM  

  • Justice has been served. I'm glad Schwarzenegger did the right thing. My compassion lies with the victims not the murderers.

    By Blogger Dionne, at 7:47 PM  

  • Hi there - just surfing by -

    I posted a short commentary on Tookie just this morning. You said it so much better.

    I'm a Christian and I know from where ranando is coming. But I still say, you kill in cold blood, and you die with no sleep lost by me.

    Buh-bye Tookie. Wish we coulda sent you off sooner!

    By Blogger clew, at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares