Raving Conservative

Google

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Withdrawal

Many of you know that I have been battling to save my Army carreer. While I am convinced that I could save it for now, it has been made very clear to me that such a victiry will only be temporary, and that I will be destroyed one way or another.

Therefore, I have decided to bow out gracefully and maintain some shred of dignity rather than fight and eventually be tossed out in disgrace.

I have decided to withdraw my challenge and enter into civillian life.

This is not a terriby big deal financialy since the jobs I qualify for pay from $60,000 to $140,000 a year to start. And regardless of my current problems, I will always have cause to be grateful to the Army since it was the Army that got me started on te college degree plan that qualifies me for these positions. It's just that I hadn't planned on taking any of these civillian jobs for another 12 years.

Also, If I am out in time, I intend to run for Governor of Alaska. Frank Murkowski, while a Republican, is also a corrupt son of a gun, and I want him gone. I shall post my platform for governor here later in the week. This wil only happen if the election registration is still open in May.

I believe that I will ensure one of two outcomes. Either I become Governor, or a some Democrat does. Either way, Frank Murkowski will be out of office.

Yes, I believe I can win. What amazes me is that no one has really stepped up top challenge Frank Murkowski yet. Apparently they are all afraid of losing.

10 Comments:

  • Dan I wish you the best of luck in running for governor. Corruption will be found and perhaps you'll be the victor. As far as your military career: you've fulfilled your duties as a soldier and deserve the civilian life. Don't worry, it's not so bad anyway.

    By Blogger Neo-Con Tastic, at 6:41 AM  

  • As I believe you to be an honest man (if honestly wrong frequently), I will wish you well. I'll take the honest politician over the dishonest, bought and paid for one any day. Stay away from the filthy lucre.

    By Blogger Dan Trabue, at 8:05 AM  

  • Good luck, Daniel! Maybe I'll be old enough to vote by the time you run for President ;)

    By Blogger MJ, at 9:34 AM  

  • daniel...all i can say is that if i lived in alaska, i'd vote for you!

    By Blogger Libby, at 12:20 PM  

  • Good luck in your future endeavors, what ever they happen to be.

    If you get elected will you sign a state executive order opening ANWAR :)

    By Blogger Crazy Politico, at 6:01 PM  

  • Will I open ANWR? Yes I will. If I have to reclaim the national park and make it an Alska State Park in order to do this I will do so. Let us hope it doesn't come to that.

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 6:38 PM  

  • "What amazes me is that no one has really stepped up top challenge Frank Murkowski yet. Apparently they are all afraid of losing."

    Well, yeah. A Reep incumbent in a basically Red state -- and a corrupt one to boot? They're tough to dislodge, and if you actually become a threat, they're the ones who will go after your family (through proxies) without a second thought.

    Think of the despicable smearing of John McCain's record and family during the 2000 primaries. And today McCain stands generally in support of the man whose campaign did that to him. Such is politics, the ugliest business.

    Campaign advice, free of charge. ;)

    By Blogger catastrophile, at 2:11 PM  

  • Hrm. That link didn't come out quite right, but you can extract my e-mail address from it without too much trouble.

    By Blogger catastrophile, at 2:12 PM  

  • Good luck Daniel! Like Libby, if I lived in Alaska, I'd vote for you. (We have our own corrupt governor here in Ohio...wanna move?!)

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:11 PM  

  • Best of Luck to you my friend! You are one brave soul, qualification enough to be Governor... Keep us posted!!

    By Blogger Peakah, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares