Raving Conservative

Google

Friday, September 23, 2005

Actor's Opinions Don't Matter Much

Goodness where to start on this one. How about with a personal story?

I took an acting class in college (University of Colorado at Colorado Springs)against my father's advice. He warned me that the type of people I would encpounter there would be on the edge of sanity and be extremely judgemental. I thought he was just being closed-minded, and boy was I wrong. Not only did half the class seem to be on anti-psychotics, they were a close-knit bunch of ultra liberal loonies who taught me to dislike artsy-fartsy folks with a passion. Here's how it all came to a head:

One of our assignments was to write a monologue and then choose an excerpt from that monologue to perform in class. I wrote my monologue, and got a great grade for it. It was a story about a young man taking revenge on a gang that murdered his girlfriend, and it ended with a shootout. It was good, I am a talented fiction writer with a lot of imagination. The problem came when it became time to perform it.

I chose the ending, the shootout as my performance piece. We were encouraged to bring small props if they were appropriate. I had a realistic looking BB pistol, the kind that only takes one pump and can't even penetrate the skin if a dart is fired from it, and I chose that as my prop. Big mistake. Despite showing everyone exactly what it was so they would know it was not real and it was not loaded, going so foolishly far as to point it at myself and fire it for their benefit, there were some people in the class who apparently felt threatened. I never did get to perform my monologue that day. I wound up leaving the class early and vowing to drop it after getting into an argument with someone(not related to the toy gun). I was fed up by then anyway.

I wound up being arrested for illegal posession of a deadly weapon, meanacing, and unlawful conduct, all for trying to excell in my acting class. It was near Valentines Day, and some of the people who I will identify only by their mental disorders, Bipolar, Schiztophrenic, and Psychotic went to the teacher with paranoid delusions about something called the Valentines Day Massacre, which I had never heard of at the time. They said they were afraid I was going to take my toy gun and shoot everyone in the class dead. I would laugh at the absolute absurdity of this if it weren't for the fact that the police actually took them seriously, rather they took the professor seriously, the students complained to her, and she called the police so they wouldn't drop her class, which they threatened to do.

Thousands of dollars later I ran out of money for my lawyer and plea bargained the charges down to unlawful conduct, left for California, and joined the Army.

These people are "normal" actor types. Since actors are this loony, this insane and depraved, I cannot put much stock in what most of them say. Maybe if they had the genius to actually create art like a writer or a painter I could take them more seriously. But being nothing more than puppets whose strings are pulled by writers and directors I just can't take what they say seriously at all. The best actors are devoid of personality, empty jars who the director can fill with the person he wants them to portray. So while I may admire the plays and movies they play in, I just want them to keep their mouths shut and do what their told like a good puppet. I don't care about their opinions because they probably belong to someone else anyway. Or, if they are their own, they are the product of a twisted mind.

3 Comments:

  • You wound up being arrested for illegal posession of a deadly weapon, meanacing, and unlawful conduct, all for trying to excell in my acting class. I would love to hear the other classmates version. lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 AM  

  • Obviously their version is that they felt threatened by my toy . . .DUH!

    By Blogger Daniel Levesque, at 11:02 PM  

  • Keep up the good fight. I respect you for joining the military. It sounds like something I would do where I wouldn't believe they would be so stupid to actually want the police involved. So, who is trying to take away rights of the American people? These are the people that star in movies with guns and violence and yet when a person tries to show how insane they are they cry that Conservatives are the problem. So pathetic.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Listed on BlogShares